Takeshi Amemiya : biography
Amemiya is the Edward Ames Edmonds Professor of Economics (emeritus) and a Professor of Classics at Stanford University. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society, the American Statistical AssociationPowell, J. L. (2007), Econometric Theory, 23, 155–181, . and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (1985).
- Advanced Econometrics, Basil Blackwell, 1985
- Introduction To Statistics And Econometrics, Harvard University Press, 1994.
- Nonlinear Statistical Modeling: Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Symposium in Economic Theory and Econometrics : Essays in Honor of Takeshi Amemiya, ed. Takeshi Amemiya, Kimio Morimune, James L. Powell and Cheng Hsiao. Cambridge University Press, 2000.
Honors and awards
- U.S. Scientist Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 1988
- Fellowship, Japan Society for Promotion of Science, 1989
- Fellowship, John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, 1975–1976
- Ford Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship in Economics, Johns Hopkins University, 1963–1965
- B.A., 1958, Social Science, International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- M.A., 1961, Economics, American University, Washington, DC
- Ph.D., 1964, Economics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland