Victoria Ruffo : biography
Victoria Ruffo (born Victoria Eugenia Guadalupe Martínez del Río Moreno-Ruffo on May 31, 1961 in Mexico City) is a Mexican actress. She is widely known as the Queen of Telenovelas in Latin America.
Victoria began her acting career in 1980 starring in the telenovela Conflictos de un Médico, under the direction of Ernesto Alonso, and continued her career acting in Al Rojo Vivo, in which shared credits with Alma Muriel, Silvia Pasquel, among other important actors. In 1983 Valentín Pimsteín gave her the opportunity to star as the protagonist of La Fiera.
After seeing her acting skills, Ernesto Alonso offered her lead roles in the telenovelas. Simplemente María, a huge success in Mexico and a lot of other countries world-wide, catapulted Ruffo to superstardom. She has since done other telenovelas with notable actors such as "Abrazame Muy Fuerte" with Cesar Evora and Fernando Colunga. 2005 marked her comeback to telenovela after being away from the limelight after giving birth to her twins. The telenovela, "La Madrastra," went beyond expectations and further sealed her title as the Queen of Telenovelas. La Madrastra was shown in different countries and was a huge success. She was again paired with Cesar Evora, who has since been widely supported by fans all over the world.
After ‘La Madrastra’, she went on to perform duties as the First Lady of Pachuca, with her husband acting as Mayor but was still able to land roles such in hit soaps El Nombre del Amor and ‘Victoria’ which was her first series for Telemundo. The series was a remake of an original Mirada de Mujer where she played the role of Victoria, a woman who is left by her husband of 25 years and falls in love with a man 15 years younger, played by Mauricio Ochmann. The series was then followed by ‘Triunfo del Amor’ where she finally got to play the role of semi-villain. Here she got to star alongside William Levy, Daniella Romo and again, due to insistent public clamor, Cesar Evora.
After Triunfo del Amor, Victoria focused on her family and doing theatre plays, specifically ‘Dulce Pajaro de Juventud’. She also went to support the Senatorial campaign of her husband, Omar, who eventually won a seat in the senate.
In 2010, she was named as one of Latin America’s 50 Most Beautiful People.
Ruffo is scheduled to lead the new remake of a 1960’s soap, Corona de Lagrimas where she play the mother of three boys.In which she portrays a typical mother character that suffers because one of his three sons is not as the other 2. He is ambitious and marries a rich woman, while Refugio is suffering.
- 2012-2013: Corona de lágrimas (2012 telenovela) -Refugio Chavero (Remake of a very successful movie starring Marga Lopez)
- 2010: Triunfo del Amor – Victoria Sandoval, Casa Victoria’s head fashion designer
- 2009: La Rosa De Guadalupe – Carolina Lopez Hernandez
- 2008-09: En Nombre del Amor – Macarena Espinoza de los Monteros (dies by severe head injuries at her home)
- 2007: Victoria – Victoria Santiesteban de Mendoza (2007/08)
- 2005-2007: La Madrastra – Maria Fernandez Acuña de San Roman
- 2001: Mujer, casos de la vida real – Sarai
- 2000-01: Abrázame Muy Fuerte – Cristina Álvarez Rivas de Rivero (2000/01)
- 1998: Vivo por Elena – Elena
- 1995: Pobre niña rica – Consuelo Villagran Garcia-Mora
- 1993: Advertising of MMM
- 1993: Al derecho y al derbez
- 1992-93: Capricho – Cristina (1992/93)
- 1989-90: Simplemente María – María López (1989/90)
- 1987: Victoria – Victoria
- 1985: Juana Iris – Juana Iris
- 1983: La Fiera – Natalie
- 1982: En busca del paraíso – Grisel
- 1982: Quiéreme siempre – Julia
- 1980: Al rojo vivo – Pilar Álvarez
- 1980: Conflictos de un médico
In the 1990s, she married comedian Eugenio Derbez, and they had one son, José Eduardo. The two later divorced, citing irreconcilable differences. News circulated that the marriage was a fake from the beginning, with Derbez planning the entire wedding as a farce.
In 2001, she married Mexican politician Omar Fayad, who is currently a Senador of Pachuca, Hidalgo. They were introduced in a restaurant/bar by common friends. They married in a lavish ceremony aired in Mexico where everyone witnessed her 35-m long wedding train. It was an event attended by people from show business and politics.
After four years of being together and trying to have a baby, they were able to conceive and Victoria gave birth to twins, Victoria and Anuar via c-section. The twins were born just a minute apart.
Ruffo is the sister of actress and radio host Gabriela Ruffo and producer Marcela Ruffo.
With her colorful life, beautiful family and a career spanning 35 years, Victoria Ruffo has not only achieved her dream of being known all over the world but has remained to be one of the brightest and most bankable stars in Latin American TV.
- 1987: Yo el ejucutor
- 1986: Un Hombre violento – Susana
- 1982: De pulquero a millonario
- 1982: Una Sota y un caballo: Rancho Avandaro – Maricarmen Sierra
- 1980: ‘El Hombre sin miedo
- 1992: Sanrio World of Animation – Hello Kitty
- 1988: A Journey Through Fairyland – Florence
- 1984: Unico in the Island of Magic – Unico
- 1982: The Sea Prince and the Fire Child – Matla
- 1979: Ringing Bell – Chirin