Yury Vasilyevich Malyshev : biography
Yury Vasilyevich Malyshev () was born in the village Nikolayevsk, Stalingrad Oblast (Volgograd Oblast), USSR on August 27, 1941. He studied in Taganrog's high school N24, 1949-1959. He was married with two children. He was selected as a cosmonaut on May 7, 1967. He retired on July 20, 1988. He died on November 8, 1999 in Zvyozdny Gorodok, Moscow Oblast, Russian Federation.
He was Commander of Soyuz T-2 (June 5–9, 1980) and Soyuz T-11 (April 3–11, 1984).
Honorary titles and awards
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union (June 16, 1980 and April 11, 1984)
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR (June 16, 1980)
- Two Orders of Lenin (June 16, 1980 and April 11, 1984)
- Ashoka Chakra Award (India, 1984)
- Co-author of the book 'USSR-India. At Space Orbit'
Category:1941 births Category:1999 deaths Category:Heroes of the Soviet Union Category:People from Nikolayevsk Category:Recipients of the Order of Lenin Category:Soviet Air Force officers Category:Soviet cosmonauts Category:Recipients of the Ashoka Chakra
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine