Yakup Kılıç : biography
Yakup Kılıç (born July 13, 1986) is a Turkish boxer in the featherweight (57 kg) discipline. He is member of Istanbul Fenerbahçe Boxing Club.
Kılıç participated at the 2005 Mediterranean Games in Almería, Spain and won bronze medal. He boxed another bronze medal at the 2009 Mediterranean Games in Pescara, Italy.
At the European Championships 2006 he lost his first bout against Irish Eric Donovan 29:33.
At the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships held in Chicago, USA, he won a bronze medal and qualified for the 2008 Olympics. He did so by beating Arash Usmanee of Canada by a slim one point margin 20-19.
At the Olympics 2008 he lost his semifinal to Vasyl Lomachenko and won Bronze.
Olympic Games results
2008 (as a featherweight)
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Satoshi Shimizu (Japan) 12-9
- Defeated Abdelkader Chadi (Algeria) 13-6
- Lost to Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine) 1-10
World Championships results
2005 (as a featherweight)
- Defeated Aboubaker Seddik Lbida (Morocco) 29-20
- Lost to Berik Serikbayev (Kazakhstan) 25-29
2007 (as a featherweight)
- Defeated Pablo Figuls (Costa Rica) RSCO 3
- Defeated Arash Usmanee (Canada) 20-19
- Defeated Sailom Ardee (Thailand) 22-13
- Lost to Albert Selimov (Russia) walk-over (placed 3rd)
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine