Viktor Kazantsev : biography
Viktor Germanovich Kazantsev ( born 1946) was an envoy of the Russian president to the Southern Federal District from 2000 to 2004. He performed primary negotiations between the Russian government and the Chechen opposition. Decorated with the Hero of the Russian Federation title, he was involved in coordinating the government responses to various violent actions in Chechnya. Kazanstev was also involved in coordinating the rescue attempt during the Moscow theatre hostage situation, which took place in October 2002.
This article is sourced from Russian Wikipedia
Category:1946 births Category:Living people Category:People from Talachyn Raion Category:Russian military personnel Category:Heroes of the Russian Federation Category:Recipients of the Order of the Red Star Category:Recipients of the Order for Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces, 2nd class Category:Recipients of the Order of Military Merit (Russia) Category:Recipients of the Order of Friendship (South Ossetia)
In May 2000 he was appointed President's representative in Russia Southern Federal District. On March 9, 2004 he was dismissed from this post (replaced by former Deputy Prime Minister Vladimir Yakovlev).
Honours and awards
- Order of the Red Star
- Order for Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces of the USSR 2nd and 3rd classes
- Medal for Battle Merit
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Jubilee Medal "Twenty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Medal "Veteran of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Jubilee Medal "50 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Jubilee Medal "60 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Jubilee Medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Medal "For Impeccable Service" 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes
- Hero of the Russian Federation
- Order of Military Merit
- Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
Kazantsev completed the Sverdlovsk Suvorov Military School in 1963, the Leningrad Higher Military Command School in 1966, the Frunze Military Academy in 1970 and the Soviet General Staff Academy in 1987.
- Soviet Union
Kazantsev started out as a platoon commander in 1966 and served in Transcaucasia, Central Asia, Afghanistan (1979) and with the Central Group of Forces in Czechoslovakia. He was military advisor to the government of Kazakhstan in 1991.
From 1991 to 1993 — First Deputy Chief of Staff, then - deputy commander Trans-Baikal military district combat training. From April 1993 to February 1996 - Chief of Staff, first deputy commander of the Trans-Baikal military district. From February 1996 to July 1997 - First Deputy Commander North-Caucasian Military District. From July 1997 to May 2000 - Commander of the North Caucasus Military District
From August 1999 to April 2000 — Commander of the Allied Group of Federal Forces in the North Caucasus, while maintaining the post of commander of the North Caucasus military district. In January 2001, at the post was created by Presidential Decree of the operational staff to manage counter-terrorism operations in the North Caucasus region.
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine