Stephan Kinsella : biography
Norman Stephan Kinsella ( born 1965) is an American intellectual property lawyer and libertarian legal theorist. His legal works are published by Oceana Publications (Oxford University Press) and West/Thomson Reuters. His work on libertarian theory is primarily published on his blog and by publications and websites associated with the Ludwig von Mises Institute and anarcho-capitalist organizations.
Kinsella's legal publications include books and articles about patent law, contract law, e-commerce law, international law, and other topics. Kinsella has also published and lectured on a variety of libertarian topics.
In contract theory, he extends Murray Rothbard's and Williamson Evers's title transfer theory of contract.Rothbard, Murray. Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute.Evers, Williamson. "." Journal of Libertarian Studies. Vol. 1, No. 1. Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute, 1977.
- Protecting Foreign Investment Under International Law: Legal Aspects of Political Risk. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 1997. ISBN 978-0-379213-71-3. (with Paul E. Comeaux)
- Online Contract Formation. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 2004. ISBN 978-0-379215-19-9. . (with Andrew F. Simpson)
- International Investment, Political Risk, and Dispute Resolution: A Practitioner's Guide. Oxford University Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-379215-22-9. (with Noah Rubins)
- . Ludwig von Mises Institute. 2008. ISBN 978-1-933550-32-9.
- . (with Teresa C. Tucker, co-editor)
- by Ilana Mercer, Stephan Kinsella, and James DeLong (Insight on the News, 21 May 2001)
- (Journal of Libertarian Studies, Spring 2001) [Volume 15, no. 2, p. 1–53]
- with Anthony Wile (The Daily Bell, 18 March 2012)
Born in Prairieville, Louisiana, he attended Louisiana State University where he earned Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS) degrees in electrical engineering, and a Juris Doctor (JD) from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. He also obtained an LL.M. at the University of London.
Kinsella was general counsel of Applied Optoelectronics, Inc., of Sugar Land, Texas from 2000 to 2012 and is currently in private practice in Houston, Texas. He is an adjunct scholar of the Mises Institute and the former Book Review Editor for the Institute's Journal of Libertarian Studies. Kinsella also contributes to the news and opinion blog at LewRockwell.com and is the creator of Libertarian Papers, a libertarian website. by Stephan Kinsella (Libertarianpapers.org, 22 January 2009)
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine