Shaan (singer) : biography
Shaan (born Shantanu Mukherjee, pronounced: Shantonu Mukharji, on 30 September 1972), is an Indian playback singer more active in Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, and Kannada films and a television host. He hosted the shows Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Star Voice of India and STAR Voice of India 2. In Music Ka Maha Muqabla, his team, Shaan’s Strikers, finished as the runners up to Shankar Mahadevan’s team. He has also sung many Pakistani songs.
- In 2005 Shaan performed at IIT Bombay’s Annual Cultural Festival Mood Indigo
- In 2004 Shaan took a tour around India for his album Aksar.
- In January 2004 Shaan performed at Saarang(Cul-Fest) in IIT Madras
- In 2005 and 2009 Shaan performed in Durban/Johannesburg. Brought down by "Shasim Entertainment Enterprises" South Africa
- In June 2006, Shaan took a North American tour, singing for fans all over the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean.
- In November 2006 he took a tour with fellow singer Sunidhi Chauhan to the Netherlands, Singapore, Fiji, Suriname and Australia.
- In February 2006, he performed at REBECA 2006, the Annual Cultural Fest and Alumni Re-Union Of
- In September 2006, he performed at Infosys Technologies Ltd, Hyderabad.
- In January 2003 and also on January 2007, he performed at Spring Fest in IIT Kharagpur.
- In March 2007, he performed at Ragam 07 in NIT Calicut.
- In April 2007 he took a Middle East tour to Dubai and Oman with Music Director Jatin.
- In February 2008, he performed at Alcheringa in IIT Guwahati.
- In October 2007, he performed at annual day of Logica, Bangalore.
- In May 2008, he performed at an IBM Event IMPRINT 2008, Bangalore.
- In July 2009, Shaan performed at the North American Bengali Conference (NABC) in McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, USA.
- 13 August 2008 : Performed at Microsoft IDC decennial party at HICC, Hyderabad
- 16 August 2009, Shaan performed at the ‘Proms 42: Indian Voices Day’ at the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington – London, United Kingdom.
- In 2009, he went to Bangladesh for singing playback songs for the Bengali movie Rehmat Ali. He held a concert at the Bangladesh China Friendship Conference Center.
- 31 January 2010, he performed at RIVIERA 2010 in VIT University, Vellore.
- 14 March 2010, he performed at the mega-night of ‘PAACET FEST 2010’ at Nishagandhi auditorium, Trivandrum
- 23 March 2010, he performed at the grand-night of ‘RECSTACY 2010’ – The annual cult fest of NIT Durgapur
- 24 July 2010, he performed at the Annual cultural program "Rock on 2" in Teerthanker Mahaveer University (TMU), Moradabad (U.P.).
- 10 October 2010,performance at Bangalore
- In 2010 Shaan performed at IIM Bangalore Annual Cultural Festival Unmaad.
- In November 2010, he Performed at ‘CHHATTISGARH RAJYOTSAVA’, Raipur.
- 11 December 2010, he Performed for Mumbai Capgemini Event ‘JASHN 2010’.
- On 23 January 2011, he performed at INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY (ICT) MUMBAI Annual Cultural Fest MANZAR 2011.
- On 29 May 2011, he performed at Garden State Exhibition Center in Somerset, NJ for Ananda Utsava 2011.
- On 9 July 2011, he performed at Center of Performing Arts, San Jose as his 14th show out of 15th shows for USA 2011 tour.
- On 6 August 2011, he performed at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi.
- On 16 August 2011, he performed at GAIL Day, Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi, .
- On 3 November 2012, he performed for an event by Oracle at Palace Grounds, Bangalore.
- On 9 December 2012, he rocked the stage in an event by EMC at KTPO, Whitefield, Bangalore
Early years and music albums
As a child, Shaan began his career singing jingles for advertisements. After giving it up for a brief period he returned and, along with jingles, began to sing remixes and cover versions. In the 1989 movie Parinda, aged only 17, Shaan sang a single line in the song, "Kitni Hai Pyari Pyari Dosti Hamari".