Rashid Nurgaliyev : biography
Rashid Gumarovich Nurgaliyev () is a Russian general and politician of Tatar ethnicity who served as Russia's Interior Minister from 2003 to 2011.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 3rd and 4th classes
- Order of Honour
- Order of Saint Righteous Grand Duke Dmitry Donskoy, 1st class (2005, Russian Orthodox Church)
- Order of Akhmad Kadyrov (2006, Chechen Republic)
- Honorary Citizen of the Republic of Karelia
- Yuri Andropov Award
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 1000th Anniversary of Kazan"
- Medal for Distinction in Military Service, 2nd class
- Medal of Merit in the conduct of national census
- Jubilee Medal "100 Years of the Trans-Siberian Railway"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Jubilee Medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Medal for Strengthening Military Cooperation(Defence)
- Medal "200 Years of the Ministry of Defence"
- Medal "For Military Merit" (MIA)
- Medal "For Impeccable Service", 1st class
Life and career
He was born in Zhetikara, Kazakh SSR, on October 8, 1956. He graduated from Kuusinen State University in Petrozavodsk in 1979. He later received a doctoral degree in economics. His thesis was on the “economic aspects of the formation of business undertakings in modern Russia".
From 1981-1995 he worked in the KGB Directorate of Karelia and its successor, Security Ministry of Karelia, in 1992-1994 led by Nikolai Patrushev.
In 1995 he moved to Moscow and was appointed Chief Inspector of the Inspectorial Directorate of FSK (FSB) and Head of a section of FSB Internal Security Department led by Nikolai Patrushev.
He was head of the inspectorial office of the FSB.
In 2002 he became first deputy minister of the interior of Russia. In 2003 he became minister of the MVD. Currently holds the rank of Army General. Dr Nurgaliyev is an Orthodox Christian.http://www.islamnews.ru/news-8292.html Islam news(in Russian)
Nurgaliyev is married and has two children.
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine