Nikolay Ivanovich Krylov : biography
Nikolai Ivanovich Krylov ( April 29, 1903 – February 9, 1972) was a Russian Marshal of the Soviet Union (from 1962). He was commander of the Strategic Missile Troops from 1963 to 1972.
During World War II, was chief of staff of the 62nd Army (1942-1943) and commanded the 5th Army (1943-1945). Following the war, he also commanded the Far Eastern (1947-1953), Leningrad (1957-1960) and Moscow Military Districts (1960-1963).
Honours and awards
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union
- Fours Orders of Lenin
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of Suvorov 1st class
- Order of Kutuzov 1st class
- Medal "For the Defence of Odessa"
- Medal "For the Defence of Sevastopol"
- Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad"
- Medal "For the Capture of Königsberg"
- Commander of the Order of the Legion of Honour (France)
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine