Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son : biography
Nguyễn Ngọc Trường Sơn (born Rach Soi, Rach Gia, Kien Giang Province, Vietnam; February 23, 1990) is a leading Vietnamese chess player. After learning chess at the age of 3, he won the gold medal at the world under 10 championship in 2000. He is Vietnam's youngest Grandmaster ever, and one of the youngest grandmasters in the history of the game. (See List of youngest grandmasters).
According to May 2010 FIDE rating list, he is second ranked among Vietnamese players with 2642 Elo rating.
- 1999: Bronze medal, Asia U-10 Chess Championship
- 2000: Gold medal, Asia U-10 Chess Championship. Gold medal, International U-10 Chess Championship. Second place, Vietnam's 'athlete of the year'
- 2001: Gold medalist at the Asia U-12 Chess Championship
- 2002: (September) Awarded International Master status
- 2004: (December) Awarded International Grandmaster status. First place, Vietnam’s 'athlete of the year'
- 2005: (December) Individual Rapid and Standard Chess Champion, South East Asia Games 23, Philippines.
- 2006: (August) 7th place in .
- 2010: (February) 5th place in .
- 2010: (July) 2nd place in .
- 2013: (June) 4th place in World Blitz championship
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine