Michael North (professor) : biography
Michael North (born 1954) is an American literary critic and a professor in the department of English at the University of California, Los Angeles.
North received a B.A. from Stanford University in 1973 and Ph.D. from the University of Connecticut in 1980. North taught at the College of William and Mary before joining the University of California, Los Angeles in 1991.
- Machine-Age Comedy, 2009
- Camera Works: Photography and the Twentieth-Century Word, 2005
- Reading 1922: A Return to the Scene of the Modern, 2002
- The Waste Land: A Norton Critical Edition, 2000 (editor)
- The Dialect of Modernism: Race, Language, and Twentieth-Century Literature, 1994
- The Political Aesthetic of Yeats, Eliot, and Pound, 1992
- Henry Green and the Writing of His Generation,1984
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine