Michael Langone : biography
Michael D. Langone, is an American counseling psychologist who specialises in research about "cultic" groups and psychological manipulation. He is executive director of the International Cultic Studies Association, editor of the journal Cultic Studies Review.
Langone is author and co-author of several books and has published numerous articles. He first joined the American Family Foundation in 1981.
In 1995 he was named visiting scholar at Boston University's Albert Danielsen Center for the Study of Religion and Psychology and did research comparing former members of a cultic group and of two mainstream religious groups regarding psychological distress and members' perceptions of abusiveness. He also received the Leo J. Ryan Award in the same year.
- Leo J. Ryan Award,, Conference Handbook, ICSA Annual International Conference, Denver, Colorado, June 22–24, 2006. 1995
Books and papers
- Recovery from Cults: Help for Victims of Psychological and Spiritual Abuse, 1995, Michael D. Langone (Editor), 1993, ISBN 0-393-70164-6,
- Satanism and Occult Related Violence, Michael D. Langone, 1990, ISBN 99918-1-024-2
- Cults: What Parents Should Know: A Practical Guide to Help Parents With Children in Destructive Groups, Ross and Langone, 1989, ISBN 0-8184-0511-2
- , Michael D. Langone, 1988
- . Michael D. Langone, 1986.
- Captive Hearts, Captive Minds: Freedom and Recovery from Cults and Other Abusive Relationships, by Madeleine Landau Tobias, Janja Lalich, Michael Langone, 1994, ISBN 0-89793-144-0, ISBN 978-0-89793-144-1
- Cultic Studies Journal: a Journal on Cults and Manipulative Techniques of Social Influence, Michael Langone (Editor), ASIN B000JFOZTS
- Cultic Studies Review: An Internet Journal of Research, News & Opinion, Michael Langone (Editor), ASIN B000GF1F9O
- , International Congress on Totalitarian Groups and Sects, Barcelona, Spain, 1993
- , Psychiatric Times, July 1996, Vol. XIII, Issue 7
- , Presented to Division 36 (Psychology of Religion), American Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada, August 12, 1996, William V. Chambers, Ph.D., Michael D. Langone, Ph.D., Peter Malinoski, M.A.
- , Cultic Studies Journal, 1985, Volume 2, Number 2, pages 231-234
- , Arthur A. Dole, Ph.D., A.B.P.P., University of Pennsylvania, Michael D. Langone, Ph.D., American Family Foundation, Steve K. D. Eichel, Ph.D., RETIRN, Cultic Studies Journal, 1990, Volume 7, Number 1, pages 69–91.
- , Arthur A. Dole, Ph.D., A.B.P.P., University of Pennsylvania, Michael D. Langone, Ph.D., American Family Foundation, Steve K. D. Eichel, Ph.D., RETIRN, Cultic Studies Journal, Vol. 10, No. 1, 1992
- , 2005, Cultic Studies Review
- , Michael Langone, ICSA E-Newsletter, Vol. 5, No. 2, July 2006
- , 1998, Recovering Former Cultists' Support Network
- , Cultic Studies Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1, 1993, William V. Chambers, Ph.D., Michael D. Langone, Ph.D., Arthur A. Dole, Ph.D., James W. Grice, M.A.
- "Cults: A Clinical and Research Update", Undue Influence Conference, National Institute of Health, January 17, 1997, Bethesda, MD
- "Theory and Cults", Conference Cults: Theory and Treatment Issues May 30, 1997, Philadelphia, PA
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine