Louise Rennison : biography
Louise Rennison is an English author and comedian.
She is the author of the Confessions of Georgia (Anne) Nicolson series for teenage girls. This series records the exploits of a teenage girl, Georgia Nicolson, and her best friends, the Ace Gang. Her first and second novels, Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging and It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers were portrayed in a film adaptation called Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.
She won the Queen of Teen competition in 2008.
Her one-woman live show Stevie Wonder Felt my Face won awards in the 1980s. Her other shows are Bob Marley's Gardener Sold My Friend and Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head.
She has written comedy scripts, and also works for BBC Radio 4.
Rennison lives in Brighton. She was brought up in Yorkshire, in a three-bedroomed council house with her mum, dad, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin. When she was 15, her family moved to Wairakei, New Zealand. She attended Brighton University. Rennison is published by HarperCollins Publishers in the UK.
The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey
- Withering Tights: misadventures of Tallulah Casey (August 2010)
- A Midsummer Tights Dream: more (boy snogging) misadventures of Tallulah Casey (February 2012)
- The Taming of the Tights: Tallulah Casey is set for wild times... (UK title) / Wild Girls, Wild Boys, Wild Tights: Tallulah Casey is set for wild times... (AUS title) (June 2013)
Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (1999)
- It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers (UK title) / On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (US title) (2001)
- Knocked Out by my Nunga-Nungas (2002)
- Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants (2003)
- ...And That's When It Fell Off in My Hand (UK title) / Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (US title) (2004)
- ...Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (2005)
- Startled by His Furry Shorts (2006)
- Luuurve is a Many Trousered Thing (UK title) / Love is a Many Trousered Thing (US title) (2007)
- Stop in the Name of Pants! (2008)
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (2009)
A spin-off, titled How To Make Any Twit Fall in Love With You, is available in 10 instalments in 10 days starting 3 March 2011 exclusively through SugarScape.
The story is told autobiographically, through the journal of a teenage girl named Georgia Nicolson. The books detail events in Georgia's life as she grows up in England, along with a group of her close friends known as 'the Ace Gang.'
The majority of plotlines explored in the series follow Georgia and her friends' relationships with boys. A continued theme is Georgia's inability to choose between her initial boyfriend Robbie, the Italian Masimo, and her close friend Dave. The books also narrate the relationships of the rest of the Ace Gang, in less detail, and the impact the main antagonist of the series Lindsay has on these relationships.
A continual source of humour within the series derives from Georgia's family; her promiscuous mother, embarrassing father, eccentric younger sister and violent pet cats provide additional storylines throughout the series.
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine