Katarzyna Skowrońska : biography
Katarzyna Ewa Skowrońska-Dolata (born June 30, 1983, in Warsaw) is a female Polish volleyball player who plays for the Polish National Team.
Skowrońska was born in Warsaw and became interested in volleyball in her early teens after watching her brother play with his club. She advanced quickly through the junior ranks at her club and soon made the Polish national team. She helped her team take home the European Championship Gold Medal in 2003 and 2005. After her early successes in the national team, Kasia quickly rose to prominence in the Polish volleyball community.
For her sport achievements, she received Golden Cross of Merit Golden Cross of Merit in 2005.
She won the Best Scorer of the World Cup in 2007. She won the bronze medal at the 2007–08 CEV Indesit Champions League with Asystel Novara and also was individually awarded "Best Scorer".
Katarzyna won the 2010 FIVB World Club Championship, played in Doha, Qatar, playing with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem. She earned the "Most Valuable Player" and the "Best Scorer" awards.
Skowrońska played for Fenerbahçe Acıbadem in Turkey for the 2010–11 season. Skowrońska won the bronze medal with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem at the 2010–11 CEV Champions League.
- 2007 FIVB World Cup "Best Scorer"
- 2007–08 CEV Indesit Champions League Final Four "Best Scorer"
- 2010 FIVB World Club Championship "Most Valuable Player"
- 2010 FIVB World Club Championship "Best Scorer"
- 2010 FIVB World Club Championship –
- 2010 Turkish Super Cup – 16px Champion, with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem
- 2010–11 CEV Champions League – Image:Med 3.png Bronze medal, with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem
- 2010–11 Turkish League 16px Champion, with Fenerbahçe Acıbadem
- Skra Warszawa (1995–1998)
- SMS PZPS Sosnowiec (1998–2001)
- AZS AWF Danter Poznań (2001–2003)
- Nafta-Gaz Piła (2003–2005)
- Minetti Infoplus Vicenza Volley (2005–2006)
- Asystel Novara (2006–2008)
- Scavolini Pesaro (2008–2010)
- Fenerbahçe Acıbadem (2010–2011)
- Guangdong Evergrande (2011–present)
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine