John Warwick Montgomery : biography
John Warwick Montgomery is a noted lawyer, professor, Lutheran theologian, and prolific author living in France. He was born October 18, 1931, in Warsaw, New York, United States. In 2007 he was named "Distinguished Research Professor of Philosophy and Christian Thought" at Patrick Henry College. He continues to work as a barrister specializing in religious freedom cases in international Human Rights law.Tanfield Chambers, London, England Montgomery has recently moved chambers to Ten Old Square, Lincoln's Inn Chambers of Leolin Price CBE QC
He is chiefly noted for his major contributions as a writer, lecturer and public debater in the field of Christian apologetics.William Dembski and Thomas Schirrmacher eds. Tough-Minded Christianity: Honoring the Legacy of John Warwick Montgomery, Nashville, Tennessee: B & H Publishing Group, 2008. ISBN 978-0-8054-4783-5
Since 2007 he is Emeritus Professor at University of Bedfordshire, England, where from 1995–2007 he held a full professorship in law and humanities. He is the director of the International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism & Human Rights, Strasbourg, France, and is the editor of the theological e-zine Global Journal of Classical Theology., Global Journal of Classical Theology
Montgomery is author of over 235 works, including over one hundred scholarly journal articles and more than fifty books in eight languages.WorldCat Identities academic resource, accessed 05 Aug 2011: He regards his Tractatus Logico-Theologicus as the most comprehensive presentation of his theology and apologetic method. Articles and essays have appeared in periodicals such as Bibliotheca Sacra, Christian Century, Concordia Theological Quarterly, Ecclesiastical Law Journal, Eternity, Fides et Historia, Interpretation, Journal of the American Scientific Affiliation, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Law and Justice, Library Quarterly, Modern Reformation, Muslim World, New Oxford Review, Religion in Life, Religious Education, Simon Greenleaf Law Review.Montgomery's articles in these various journals are listed by Will Moore, "Bibliography" in Tough-Minded Christianity, Dembski & Schirrmacher eds, 704–734.Montgomery's books and the tapes of his numerous debates, lectures, and several university courses are available in the western hemisphere from the
Montgomery is a scholarly maverickCarla Rivera, "A Flair for Controversy" Los Angeles Times, Jan 11, 1989, California, Local section. who has 11 earned degrees in multiple disciplines: philosophy, librarianship, theology, and law. His degrees include: the A.B. with distinction in Philosophy (Cornell University; Phi Beta Kappa), B.L.S. and M.A. (University of California, Berkeley), B.D. and S.T.M. (Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio), LL.B. (La Salle Extension University), M. Phil. in Law (University of Essex, England), Ph.D. (University of Chicago), Th.D. Doctorat d'Universite (University of Strasbourg), LLM and LLD in canon law (Cardiff University). He also holds an honorary doctorate awarded in 1999 by the Institute for Religion and Law, Moscow.MPACT Dissertations Information Academic Resource UNC School of Information and Library Science, and Indiana University School of Library and Information Science.Cardiff Law School
Critical Independent Sources
- Kenneth D. Boa and Robert M. Bowman, Jr. Faith Has Its Reasons: An Integrative Approach to Defending Christianity (NAV Press, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 2001). ISBN 1-57683-143-4
- "John Warwick Montgomery's Apologetic" Special Issue of ISSN 1521-6055
- Ross Clifford, (Verlag für Kultur und Wissenschaft [Culture and Science Publishers], Bonn, Germany, 2004). ISBN 3-938116-00-5
- William Dembski and Thomas Schirrmacher, eds. Tough-Minded Christianity: Honoring the Legacy of John Warwick Montgomery, Nashville, Tennessee: B & H Publishing Group, 2008. ISBN 978-0-8054-4783-5
- David R. Liefeld, "Lutheran Orthodoxy and Evangelical Ecumenicity in the Writings of John Warwick Montgomery," Westminster Theological Journal 50 (1988) pp. 103–126. ISSN 0043-4388
- Liviu, Damian, "John Warwick Montgomery: şi necesitatea istoriei în susţinerea adevărului teologic; Tratat de epistemologie teologică evidenţialistă" (thesis defended at the Baptist Theological Faculty, University of Bucharest, Romania, June, 2007).
- James Lutzweiler, "The Papers, Pulse, Person, Pictures, and Porpoise of John Warwick Montgomery (Special Collections Interest Group)," American Theological Library Association 2006 Proceedings, 68-70.
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine