Johann Sturm : biography
Johann Christoph Sturm (November 3, 1635 – December 26, 1703) was a German philosopher. Sturm is the author of Physica Electiva (1697), a book which criticized Leibniz and prompted him to publish a rebuke.
Studies on Sturm
- Ahnert, Thomas (2002), The Culture of Experimentalism in the Holy Roman Empire: Johann Christoph Sturm (1635-1703) and the Collegium Experimentale .
- Wiesenfeldt, Gerhard, "", [https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/emxphi/ Early Modern Experimental Philosophy], 6 December 2010.
Works by Sturm
- Collegium experimentale, Nuremberg: Endter, vol. 1 (1676), available and ; vol. 2 (1685) available , , and .
- Physica electiva sive hypothetica, vol 1, Nuremberg: Endter, 1697, available and ; vol.2, Altdorf: Kohles, 1698.
- A list of works by Sturm with links to online versions is available at , section "Ausgewählte Werke".
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine