Douglas K. Detterman : biography
Douglas K. Detterman is an American psychology professor who researches intelligence and mental retardation.
He earned his B.A. from Boston University in 1967, his M.A. and Ph.D. from University of Alabama in 1972 and was a postdoctoral fellow at Northwestern University in 1972.
Detterman taught at University of Dayton from 1970–1972, then took a position at Case Western Reserve University, where he has remained since.
Among his achievements, Detterman founded the scientific journal Intelligence, and remains editor in chief. He also founded the International Society for Intelligence Research and was its President until 2011. He has also been a Fellow of the American Psychological Association from 1978–1998, a Fellow and charter member of the American Psychological Society from 1990–1998, and received a Mensa Research Award in 1991.
In 1995, he was a signatory of a collective statement in response to public discussion of the book The Bell Curve titled "Mainstream Science on IntelligenceGottfredson, Linda (December 13, 1994). Mainstream Science on Intelligence. Wall Street Journal, p A18.", written by Intelligence editor Linda Gottfredson and published in the Wall Street Journal and reprinted in Intelligence in 1997. He also collaborated on several books on intelligence with psychologist Robert J. Sternberg.
- Sternberg R, Detterman DK. What is Intelligence? : Contemporary Viewpoints on its Nature and Definition. Ablex Publishing (1986). ISBN 0-89391-389-8
- Detterman DK, Sternberg R. How and How Much Can Intelligence Be Increased. Ablex Publishing (1982). ISBN 0-89391-117-8.
- Detterman DK (ed.). The Environment: (Current Topics in Human Intelligence). Ablex Publishing (1996). ISBN 1-56750-136-2.
- Detterman DK, Sternberg R. Transfer on Trial: Intelligence, Cognition and Instruction. Ablex Publishing (1993). ISBN 0-89391-826-1.
- Detterman DK. Research Methodology: (Current Topics in Human Intelligence). Ablex Publishing (1985). ISBN 0-89391-173-9.
- Detterman DK. Theories in Intelligence: (Current Topics in Human Intelligence). Ablex Publishing (1994). ISBN 1-56750-103-6.
- Detterman DK. Is Mind Modular or Unitary?: (Current Topics in Human Intelligence). Ablex Publishing (1992). ISBN 0-89391-703-6.
- Sternberg R, Detterman DK. Human Intelligence: Perspectives on Its Theory and Measurement (Hardcover). Ablex Publishing (1979). ISBN 0-89391-030-9.
- Detterman DK. Individual Differences and Cognition: (Current Topics in Human Intelligence). Ablex Publishing (1993). ISBN 0-89391-860-1.
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine