Daddy Kev : biography
Kevin Marques Moo (born 1974), better known by his stage name Daddy Kev, is an underground hip hop producer and recording engineer from Los Angeles, California. He is the owner of Alpha Pup Records and founder of Low End Theory. He has produced tracks for rappers such as Awol One, Busdriver, Sage Francis, and Subtitle. He is one half of the duo Reefer along with Nicholas Thorburn of Islands.
Pitchfork Media describes him as "one of the Los Angeles underground's most visionary producers... His style exemplifies the steady bleeding of hip-hop culture into the more highbrow aspects of art."
Daddy Kev released the solo EP, Lost Angels, on Celestial Recordings in 2001. It features guest appearances from the rappers Myka 9, P.E.A.C.E., Busdriver, Awol One, and Circus. He also released Souldoubt, a collaborative album with Awol One, on Meanstreet Records in the same year.
Another collaborative album with Awol One, Slanguage, was released on Mush Records in 2003. 2004 brought Busdriver's Cosmic Cleavage, which was produced entirely by Daddy Kev and released on Big Dada.
He released Reefer, a collaborative album with Nicholas Thorburn as Reefer, in 2008.
Alpha Pup Records also distributes Flying Lotus' label Brainfeeder.
- Souldoubt (2001) with Awol One
- Number 3 on the Phone (2002) with Awol One
- Sound Advice (2003) with The Grouch and D-Styles
- Slanguage (2003) with Awol One
- Reefer (2008) with Nicholas Thorburn as Reefer
- Lost Angeles (2001)
- Killafornia (2005) with Awol One
- "Rhythm" (2001) with Awol One
- Sole - "Famous Last Words" from Bottle of Humans (2000)
- Myka 9 - "First Things Last" from Tags of the Times 3 (2001)
- Abstract Rude - "Frisbee" from P.A.I.N.T. (2001)
- Busdriver - "Mindcrossings" "Suing Sony" "Single Cell Ego" from Temporary Forever (2002)
- Existereo - "Four Way Window Pain" from Dirty Deeds & Dead Flowers (2003)
- Abstract Rude & Tribe Unique - "Flow and Tell" from Showtyme (2003)
- Neila - "Vertical Trees with Eternal Leaves" from Vertical Trees with Eternal Leaves (2003)
- Busdriver and Radioinactive - "Winthorp & Winthorp" from Touch Type / Winthorp & Winthorp (2003)
- Existereo - "Same Breath" from Crush Groove (2004)
- Shape Shifters - "Rockin' These Mics" "Kreye Inn" "Futuristic" from Was Here (2004)
- Busdriver - Cosmic Cleavage (2004)
- Sage Francis - "Dance Monkey" from A Healthy Distrust (2005)
- Subtitle - "Restructure/Reroute" from Terrain to Roam (2006)
- Acid Reign - "Too Kool for Skool" "Here Comes Trouble" from Time & Change (2008)
- The Grouch - "Shero" from Show You the World (2008)
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine