Christian Ingebrigtsen : biography
Christian Ingebrigtsen (born January 25, 1977 in Oslo, Norway) is a Norwegian singer-songwriter and musician. He is a member of the British-Norwegian pop group A1.
Albums (with A1)
- Here We Come (1999)
- The A list (2000)
- Make It Good (2002)
- The Best of a1 (2004)
- Greatest Hits (2009)
- Waiting For Daylight (2010)
- Take Back Yesterday (2003)
- Paint Christmas White (2005)
- The Truth About Lies (2007)
- "In Love With An Angel" (featuring Maria Arredondo) (2003)
- "Things Are Gonna Change" (2003)
- "Take Back Yesterday" (2003)
- "Can’t Give Up" (2003)
- "Adorable" (2007)
- "Learn To Fly"
- Brother Bear soundtrack (2004)
- Edward John: Find Me Guilty, Time to Give
- Radioactive: Forgiveness (9 November 2005)
He was born into a musical family. His father Stein Ingebrigtsen was the biggest selling recording artist in Norway in the 1970s. At the age of three, Christian joined his father on tour. He learned to play the violin at six, and later started playing the piano and guitar. At school he concentrated on music and drama, and eventually played the piano at local events and at church. At 16 he started composing his own songs, and as an exchange student in Kentucky in the U.S. he participated in musicals, talent contests and held his own concerts. In 1995 he was given the state award Kentucky Colonel, something he shares with the likes of Bing Crosby, Colonel Sanders and Winston Churchill.
In 1996 Ingebrigtsen got into the LIPA academy in Liverpool, where he studied song-writing and production. In 1998 he was one of 2500 auditioning for a new boyband. A teacher at LIPA recommended Ingebrigtsen to manager Tim Byrne working on putting together the group, and he became the third member of A1, who after becoming a quartet, signed a recording contract with Columbia Records in 1999.
In 2003 Ingebrigtsen started his career as a solo artist. His debut was the duet "In Love with an Angel" with Maria Arredondo. The song became a hit, staying three months in the top 10 list of VG-Lista Topp 20 (Norway’s official single chart). Ingebrigtsen wrote the song "True Friendship" for Arredondo’s debut album. In May of the same year he made his debut as a solo performer with the song "Things Are Gonna Change". Ingebrigtsen had landed a recording contract with Universal Records and despite his fans in other countries from his A1-period, he chose to concentrate on the Norwegian market. The single went straight to number one on VG Lista Topp 20. "Take Back Yesterday" followed in November 2003.
His debut solo album was released on 27 December 2003. Entitled Take Back Yesterday http://www.universalmusic.no/artists/get/107 it was backed up by a television advertisement campaign. The album was mainly produced by, and the songs largely written by Ingebrigtsen. The album made its debut at number 6 on the official album chart, VG Lista Topp 40, climbed to number 2 and stayed on as one of the ten best selling albums for two months. "In Love with an Angel" was nominated as Song of the Year for Spellemannprisen (Norwegian Grammys), but lost to World Idol winner Kurt Nilsen’s "She’s So High". The third single from the album, "Can’t Give Up", was released in March 2004.
In 2006 Ingebrigtsen released a Christmas album for the Norwegian Salvation Army. "Paint Christmas White" http://www.frelsesarmeen.musikkonline.no/shop/displayAlbum.asp?id=31690 was recorded with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra and certified Gold in Norway. The album included two self-penned songs; "Paint Christmas White" and "Angels in the snow".
In 2007 Ingebrigtsen released the album "The truth about lies",http://www.universalmusic.no/artists/get/107 including the singles, "Adorable" and "Learn to fly", both getting considerable radio play in Norway, with "Adorable" reaching the #1 spot on "Norsktoppen".
In 2009 Christian played the role of Marius in the Norwegian production of "Les Misérables" in Oslo Nye Teater.http://www.oslonye.no/aktuelt/24271.html
- To på rømmen (2011) The voice of Flynn Rider in the Norwegian version of Disney’s 50th animated movie Tangled.http://www.vg.no/film/film.php?id=11713
- Lyden av lørdag (2007) NRK1 – Coach on the talent show, 11 Saturday nights on Norwegian prime time television.http://www.nrk.no/lydenavlordag/
- Sangstjerner (2007) TV3 – Judge on celebrity talent show, 10 episodes http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangstjerner
- Min bror bjørnen (2004) The voice of Phil Collins in the Norwegian version of Disney’s Brother Bear http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_bror_bjørnen
- Jungelboken 2 (2003) Performing the music in the Norwegian version of Disney’s The Junglebook 2 http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungelboken_2