Brian Tracy : biography
Brian Tracy (born January 5, 1944) is a motivational speaker and author. He has conducted seminars and workshops in 61 countries worldwide, and is the Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Nominated for Small Business Influencer Awards in Leaders- Small business Influencers
- 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award- National Academy of Best-Selling Authors
- 2011 Master of Influence Award- NSA Influence Convention
- 2010 Harold Longman Award for the Best Business Book of 2010- How the Best Leaders Lead
- 2009 Nominated for a Shortly Award- Best content producers on Twitter
- 1989 CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame- Lifetime award for speaking excellence and professionalism
When he returned to Canada 1970, Brian got his real estate license in Vancouver, British Columbia and became active in renting, leasing and selling commercial property. In 1975, he moved to Edmonton, Alberta where he worked in commercial real estate.
By 1978, he was the COO of Patrician Land Corporation in Edmonton, a real estate development company with properties all over western Canada. When Patrician Land Corporation was purchased by Fidelity Investments in 1981, Tracy struck out on his own as a professional business speaker and trainer.
Brian has studied, researched, written and spoken for 30 years in the fields of business, personal success, economics, history, philosophy and psychology. He is the author of 55 books that now have been translated into 42 languages, and which are now available in 60 countries.
- "You are the architect of your own destiny; you are the master of your own fate; you are behind the steering wheel of your life. There are no limitations to what you can do, have, or be. Except the limitations you place on yourself by your own thinking.http://www.ebook3000.com/1001-Motivational-Quotes-for-Success–Great-Quotes-from-Great-Minds_112147.html
Brian was born Charlottetown, P.E.I., Canada in 1944. His parents moved to Toronto where his father was a professor of sculpture at the University of Toronto. In 1952, his parents moved with their three boys to Pomona, California where Brian grew up to the age of 16.
In 1960, Brian’s family moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where he attended high school, leaving without graduating. After working in sawmills, factories and on construction projects, Brian got a job on a Norwegian freighter out of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Brian has now travelled and worked in more than 100 countries on six continents, and speaks four languages. Brian is married to Barbara and has four children; Christina, Michael, David, and Catherine. He is active in community and national affairs, and is the president of three companies headquartered in Solana Beach, California.
In April, 2010, Tracy announced on his blog that he had been diagnosed with throat cancer. After six months of treatment, including chemotherapy, surgery and radiation, the cancer was successfully treated and all traces of cancer had disappeared.http://www.briantracy.com/blog/general/my-current-health-situation/