Bahodirjon Sultonov : biography
Bahodirjon Sooltonov (Баходирджон Султанов; born January 15, 1985) is an Uzbekistani boxer who competed in the bantamweight (54 kg) division at the 2004 Summer Olympics and won the bronze medal.
At bantamweight he won bronze 2003 losing to Gennadi Kovalev. He qualified for the Athens Games by winning the gold medal at the 2004 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships in Puerto Princesa, Philippines. In the final he defeated Kyrgyzstan's Aybek Abdymomunov.
Sooltonov won the gold medal at featherweight at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha beating Olympuc silver medalist Kim Song Guk in the semifinal and Zorigtbaataryn Enkhzorig.
At the world championships 2007 he lost to eventual Russian winner Albert Selimov and didn't medal.
Olympic Results 2004
2004 (as a bantamweight)
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Andrzej Liczik (Poland) RSC 2 (1:28)
- Defeated Andrew Kooner (Canada) 44-32
- Lost to Guillermo Rigondeaux Ortiz (Cuba) 13-27, southpaw Rigondeaux scored a knockdown
Olympic Results 2008
- Defeated Anthresh Lalit Lakra (India) 9-5
- Lost to Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine) 1-13
World amateur championships results
2003 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Ibrahim Aydogan (Turkey) RSCO 2
- Defeated Waldemar Cucereanu (Romania) 21-10
- Defeated Han Sung-Moon (South Korea) 37-19
- Lost to Gennady Kovalev (Russia) 15-21 (placed third)
2005 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Mirzhan Rakhimzhanov (Kazakhstan) 26-18
- Defeated Zsolt Bedak (Hungary) 41-23
- Defeated Kim Won-Guk (North Korea) 36-19
- Lost to Guillermo Rigondeaux (Cuba) RSCO
2007 (as a featherweight)
- Defeated Jesús Cuéllar (Argentina) 31-13
- Defeated Han Song-Ryong (North Korea) 31-8
- Lost to Albert Selimov (Russia) 9-24
In countries which are located near sea coasts, sea food is an important part of national cuisine